Tuesday 29 July 2008

Wizard Clear Advantage MasterCard Payment Options

Since I'm going away for holidays I need to pay my credit card charges and deposit some extra amount as my initial credit limit on the card is low. This card is a recommended holiday money option so I want to have some funds available on the account. The advantage is that ATM and overseas transactions do not draw extra charge, meaning you can have local currency at your destination(s) without extra cost and at current currency exchange levels.

The payment options are (probably) specified on the statement. That's what the web site says. But, I will be away before I get my first statement so I called the call center to find out my options. The card description on the web site states different payment options but no details on how to do it.
Australia Post charges a certain percentage and I hate standing in queues so that option is out.
There are two other ways to pay the card charges (top-up): BPay and Direct Debit.
For Direct Debit, a form is available in the Control Centre for your account. Fill in the form and post to Wizard. I can't wait to see if everything will work out OK with this option but may do that sometimes later.
That leaves BPay, which was my initial idea anyway. BPay biller code is 150615. Posting this number online might save them some calls to call centre. :)
Reference number IS NOT your card number, which I expected it to be. It differs only slightly, so unless one gets her first statement with payment details the call to the call centre is still necessary to get proper payment details.
So, I'm sending in my first payment to cover for the previous months' cost and some extra funds to be available at any ATM I see when I get out of the plane in Europe.

No comments: