Monday 21 July 2008

AdEngage

I've decided to remove ads from AdEngage. Their glossary is very informative. It clearly states that they do not do CPM ads but only click-through ones.
AdEngage offers CPW ads on all the sites listed in the Site Directory and CPC
through Targeted CPC (RON) ads.
Apart from that, the targeted customers are in North America, Western Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Echelon world, as I like to say (sarcastically). Nonetheless, I'm not sure whether ruining the aestethics of the web site is worth a few cents a month, at most.

I'd say my experiment with advertising networks is nearing its end. I find it useless until one has a useful idea that turns into a web site that is actually used for a useful purpose. Then the traffic or returning users may flow and that, then, can be used to place advertisements and turn an income. For as long the site remains useful and active, of course.
Also, I tend to learn what issues are important in creating a successful web site. A good idea, experience and knowledge of what "goes" is the first thing. You might know a few people that need a certain service. There are lots of good ideas. The second thing is a technical knowledge of how to implement. I know a few people with good ideas but no knowledge to implement them. And, the third thing is the infrastructure. I believe that nowadays it is relatively easy to set up a web site.
Right on. Off to learn some Python, I guess... :)

No comments: