Tuesday 24 June 2008

Check/Cheque

Got my first cheque yesterday. It was a refund from an insurance company. It was fun getting a piece of paper I didn't know what do to with. I heard about it so many times and considered it normal, although a bit outdated. But now I had one in my hands and no idea how to use it. :)
Brought it to a branch of my bank today, filled in the deposit slip and handed over both papers to the teller. Now, I assume, the cheque needs to clear and then the funds will deposit into the account. I expect this to take a couple of days.
If you're wondering... I was too young to use cheques the last they were in use in my home country. Then, the war made a pause in normal living, so I appeared in the world where cheques are not used at all. I assume that was the trend in Europe, generally, where cards are replacing all other forms of payment.

No comments: