Thursday 16 April 2009

Rustic Furniture

Just run across a web site of a company that makes rustic furniture. I was amazed to see that such a furniture is being produced. Guess this style is coming back to fashion.

I spent quite some time just browsing through the images of wooden furniture, imagining how it would fit in my home. The shapes and colors of the furniture are excellent. They are mostly wood in various colors and that is exactly what gives it that cosy, warm feeling. I would love to have such an environment to live in. It is much more preferable to the bare, industrialized look of the modern apartments and houses. Wooden surfaces create a natural ambient which is very pleasant to look at.

I always wanted to have a Japanese-style environment, with tatami mats and shoji screens. The beds and book cases at Rustic Furniture would really fit into my imagined design. This furniture also brings back some memories of my grandparents’ house. They take me back into childhood and make me feel safe and happy.

Wish I had something like this closer, where I could go and see it live. I’m sure I’d find a few things to take back home. If you are interested, check out the Rustic Furniture web site.

No comments: