Tuesday 16 September 2008

Predictions

Predictions are not a good thing to throw at someone. Generally, my predictions have been wrong. In fact, sometimes wrong - sometimes right. Just like anybody else's. And, throwing predictions that don't cost a thing are particularly easy.
In my efforts to understand markets, psychology of investing, and other related events I will start to write down my thoughts in relation to certain events.
So, I'm going to give a prediction right now. The bull market has already started today afternoon. While this is a heavy thing to say, I'm looking forward to see whether the prediction is right or wrong.
Despite Lehman crash, I'd say that event marked the end of the credit crisis era. Not that it is completely over but that was the last bang. I'd expect puffs here and there but generally that should be it. A bottom of 4700 was reached yesterday.
Unless something catastrophic happens, the other news are pretty good at the moment. Aussie dollar is cheap, commodities are cheap, gold is cheap, oil is cheap, stocks are cheap. Everything's on sale at the moment. It's about time people start buying.
Let's see what happens in the next few days.

No comments: