Monday 8 September 2008

Energy, Aus

Good opportunities come and go. At the end of the last week we could see the energy sector dropping significantly for whatever reasons. On Friday the prices were 30% lower than only 10 days earlier. This was an excellent opportunity to buy into the shares/funds that have great dividends. I'm so sorry I could not get a piece of action as, coming back from holidays, I did not have any funds ready to invest. Even a small amount would help a great deal as the last time I bought into the energy sector the prices were 30% higher. This would have averaged the investment making me feel less bad about that decision. :)
Today, the energy sector is 8% up already. I reckon this will be a fast return. There are views that this is the end of the credit crunch and the current crisis. The long-term average is very close to the current levels and I reckon it will take another week to equalize. This will technically mean we are moving from phase 4 into phase 1, the start of the bull market. This might be a bit too soon but that's better than a bit too late. :)
Happy investing.

No comments: