Thursday 4 September 2008

Wonderful Market

The Australian index finally started moving up. Nothing major happened during my vacation time.
Glad to see the index going up. Makes my vacation costs almost disappear with each point upwards. :)

From what I can see, more and more people are saying that the worst is over. Volatility is to remain for a few months in the future but this could be the start of an upwards trend. I can still remember the misery in the news on July 15, the bottom of the market. Brrr, don't even want to think about that.
My unpaid leave will have an effect on this month's investments so I'm to see what is the best thing to invest with the next month's piece of the salary.
Glad to see the oil around $100 again. Not that it will stay that way for a long time, of course. The markets are interconnected and cyclical.
We see that the slowing economy has an effect on energy and materials consumption which, in turn, lowers their prices which, again, pushes the economy up again.
Too bad that the Aussie Dollar fell so much during August. The need for A$ fell because of lower need for resources. That had a negative effect on my foreign currency spending abroad.
On the other hand, Wizard MasterCard has proven quite beneficial and I'm it's happy user now.

No comments: